Funny Quote of the Day

From Spike Milligan -

"All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy."

More from Spike Millingan:

"Are you going to come quietly, or do I have to use earplugs?"
"Contraceptives should be used on every conceivable occasion."
"I have the body of an eighteen year old. I keep it in the fridge."
"Is there anything worn under the kilt? No, it's all in perfect working order."
"Money couldn't buy friends, but you get a better class of enemy."

I've subscribed to the "Funny Quote of the Day" RSS Feeds on my Gmail Webclips. They're usually quite amusing. You can subscribe to them here.

Oh, also liked this one by George Carlin - "Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, andanyone going faster than you is a moron." and "May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."

Not so amusing is this one -

"When Thomas Edison worked late into the night on the electric light, he had to do it by gas lamp or candle. I'm sure it made the work seem that much more urgent. "

I'm reminded about the nights I spent trying to study by candlelight on the terrace of my PG in Pune. Somehow it was always easier to concentrate when studying by candlelight. As soon as power supply would resume, I'd take my mattress back to the room and go off to sleep. Another thing that I did often in the summers in Pune, which I don't do in Delhi, is sleep on the terrace. With no A/C or cooler allowed, we'd take our mattresses to the terrace at around 11pm and sleep there in the cool breeze. It would get extremely cold at around 5am, what with dew and the cold morning breeze. Some would go back to the still warm room and sleep. I would usually continue sleeping on the terrace until 8am, when it became too warm to continue.
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home