I apologise...

Partly because I haven't had the time, and partly because my net connection was down, I was unable to post the following event details in time. You've missed out on an 'opportunity of a lifetime' though you might get another chance next year :



Literally translates to: 8th National Mega Love Get Together



I saw this placed next to the ticket counter on Day one of the META fest. What caught my eye was the envelope, which had only the following words printed:



Majnu ka tila


Majnu is (from what I've been told) the Indian version of Romeo, and Tila means mound. Majnu ka tila refers to the mound from the top of which the betrayed Majnu committed suicide, and is a common suicide point.

What were they thinking? Were they thinking?

(Did any of you go for it? How was it? :P)

Tags:
|
6 Comments:
Blogger whitelight said...

When I used to live near North Campus, I used to go to MKT for some great Beef. I never knew "Love Get Togethers" are being organised there these days. Things change. And change fast.

February 17, 2006 3:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh he... I sure didnt go for it. But from the sound of it, seems like it would have been pure unadulterated fun :P Whats up man? Whats happening nowadays?

February 20, 2006 11:45 am  
Blogger Nikhil Pahwa said...

Whitelight: I've never been to MKT, though I stay near North Campus. 'Majnu Ka Tila' was printed on the envelope, but the event was at Siri Fort Auditorium. Incidentally, got some unusual metal from from HDHD on Sunday. He'd come for GIR, the last day of which, apart from Freak Kitchen, was bleh!.

Drummy: currently researching for a book called 'How to do a Page 3 art party from scratch, in 15 days', if you know what I mean. Barely getting time to sleep.

February 20, 2006 7:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maha Pyaar...

:D heheh.. if we can have maha-cola then why not maha-pyaar ;-) this is one event i m really regretting to have missed. what was doing delhi doing? :p

February 21, 2006 10:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and i notice ur new tag line by none other than St. Harneet ;-)

February 21, 2006 11:01 am  
Blogger whitelight said...

Ah! I get it now.

I know, MKT is quite a shady place. But those food joints...
My friends from Stephens, they just could not resist the food there.

BTW, I have to catch up with HDHD too. We had planned to meet a month back, but could not as I was in Delhi.

February 21, 2006 9:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home