Links from Sunday

Well, my connection has been iffy for a while, thanks to Sify. Here's what I read on Sunday:

This comic from Badmash. Inspirational, really.

The Humour Formula, from the Dilbert Blog

Reading resources (all bookmarked): Complete works of Oscar Wilde and George Orwell. Haruki Murakami's writing(not complete). Classic Horror Short Stories (quite a few there).

Fifa World Cup groups, here. Groups F looks particularly tough, with Brazil, Croatia, Australia and Japan.

Saurabh Wahi analyses cricket stats.

Dictionary of Imaginary Places
(great fun. Bookmarked)

A 15,139 Word Palindrome (or Palindromic Sentence) - Not quite, actually. It's not a sentence, just a list. And, err...who's going to check whether it is palindromic or not?

How did George Lucas create Star Wars? Guesses, it seems.

The 'Free Online Books' Hunt - guess how many people suggested Project Gutenberg? (not many. Good links there.)

The Art of War on Wiki - Some really interesting trivia.

If I made that, I'd change my name - 12 film lovers pick their least favourite movies. J.G. Ballad hated Kill Bill ! :O

This Philip Roth interview.

I spit on your movie! - Cult Film Reviews

Project Gutenberg top 100 - Please note that "Kamasutra" was almost as popular as "Knots, Splices and Rope Work".

I've also been trying to read The Manticore's Secret, but it's a little more difficult to read than Simoqin. I can't seem to get beyond the part where Kirin dreams of Dragons. But this one has a lot more and lengthier descriptions.
3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You read all of that in one sunday? A sunday well spent i must say :)
some very interesting links!!

December 21, 2005 1:55 am  
Blogger Ankit said...

Nice links!

And you've managed to score a copy of Manticore! I couldn't find it, and now am broke. Will buy in Jan.

December 21, 2005 9:57 am  
Blogger Nikhil Pahwa said...

Amitken: Yep. Read a few of the stories...there really wasn't much. Sunday was a majorly messed up day - programs for the afternoon and evening got cancelled, so I spent it mostly reading while waiting for a phone call. And not the phone call I got from Twilight Fairy, asking why I hadn't turned up for the Blogger's meet. I was under the impression that the post on the blog was an invitation, not an order.

Ankit: Yep, got my copy and been reading it little by little. Much more descriptive than Simoqin, which isn't necessarily a good thing. Or maybe it's just me - too many characters so far and I'm not even halfway into the book. Read Simoqin? Brilliant, isn't it?

December 21, 2005 8:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home