At the Numero Uno Rock Out

It was ironic, really.

"Killing in the name of" by Rage Against The Machine has a line "Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me" that repeats over and over again. At the Numero Uno Rock Out, day before yesterday, Prithwish of Them Clones told the rather large group of rockers headbanging in front of the stage, singing "Fuck you I won't do what you tell me" to sit down on the cold Hamsadwani Theatre floor- and they all obeyed. I did too, and the irony of the situation dawned upon me only after I, alongwith everyone else jumped off the floor singing "Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me" after Prithwish told us to jump up. So much for non-conformity, eh?

That said, the Them Clones performance wasn't as tight has the first Rocktoberfest gig. For once, they experimented with their setlist - they played Pride(In the name of love) by U2 and The Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson. I think they play their originals much better than covers. Still, this was a pleasant change from their usual RATM setlist, even though they did begin with Stupefy by Disturbed. I've head them play it six times in the last year. Prithwish, though, has awesome stage presence.

Joint Family + Bhayanak Maut was crazy, even though the impromptu 'Bhayanak Joint' rendition of 'People Equals Shit' was odd but fun. The place was packed, and most of the crowd in front of the stage was headbanging like mad. Quite a few were moshing (explained here, alongwith an interesting account of a US Presidential candidate moshing) in the huge mosh pit that had opened up. It seems, from the RSJ Forums, that quite a few went home with bruises, though they all enjoyed moshing. Two days on, my neck still hurts from the headbanging in the cold.
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home