Musings on TV & Newspapers

If I wanted to watch exclusive coverage of the navratras/Durga Puja/Dussehra, I would have watched NDTV 24x7 or CNN-IBN. To avoid that useless coverage I switched to CNBC-TV18 for business news - if not from India (national holiday and all that), then the global markets. And I found similar coverage during India Business Hour.

That stupid show 'News of the loose' also irritates me...wastes my time. If I want comic relief, I'll switch to Star Plus/SET/Star World.

About time someone at CNBC-TV18 realised that by showing what other channels are showing, you don't really stop people from switching. Instead, you're robbing the audience of the one thing they do switch to your channel for - uninterrupted, quality business news. Stick to your core competence, and not dumb down like CNN-IBN has done over the past five months.

My cable wallah doesn't show BBC, CNN, NBC. That's a case for DTH or IPTV.

Did you get a newspaper to read in the morning today? No? That's a case for reading news on the net.

Enough bhaashan, I'm off.
2 Comments:
Blogger illusions said...

:))

October 12, 2006 8:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the show "News on the Loose", its pretty funny, can't understand why some people hate it.

October 13, 2006 3:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home