The Bad Sex in Fiction Award results...

...are out. Heh.

The award was won by a food-critic turned novelist, Giles Coren. I'm glad there weren't comparisons to, hmm... gravy or sausages. Or even american pies, if you know what I mean. The Guardian claims that comparing the male genitalia to a hose in an empty bathtub clinched it.

Reminds me of when HDHD was in Delhi during the Book Fair, a couple of years ago. Which novel was it, where there was something about Ferraris and parking cars in the garage- Vikram Chandra's?

*

I've exported my RSS subscriptions from Bloglines to an OPML file, and over to Google Reader. I never was able to get used to Bloglines. I quite like Google Reader, so far.

Addendum

More from the BBC on the Bad Sex in Fiction award here. I quote:

"'Ooh-la-la!' she breathed as he smelt the clean aroma of her short bobbed hair and the rain-sodden grass around it. 'Oooh-la-jolly well-la!'


Ooh-la-la-ha-ha-ha-ha
2 Comments:
Blogger Nikhil Pahwa said...

I LOL'ed at "Lobster by Guillaume Lecasble (Dedalus Ltd)"

(and I wasn't laughing at the passage :P)

December 03, 2005 7:48 am  
Blogger Nikhil Pahwa said...

Yep. Read it, and \m/ \m/

This northie fan thinks it should have been posted on kvlt too. :D

December 04, 2005 12:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home