Beeeeeer!



Image courtesy my sister.

Dear M, if you're reading this - now you know why! :P

This also reminds me of a school friend of mine, Rahul, who's at Oxford now, doing Law. He'd introduced me to the concept of taking a quick shot of vodka (I prefer rum) before studies. The last time I was in a situation where I needed a shot to work was on December 22, 2004, two days before my rather badly planned and hurried departure for Mumbai. Thankfully, I haven't let things get as complicated since.

Oh! While I'm discussing drinking, I realised recently that men bond best while drinking. We've been holding important meetings over drinks, in Pubs. Usually, it's TSF or Flames. I prefer Flames. We spend 2 hours drinking and talking about anything but work. Then finish off what we had met to do in 15 minutes. The difference in atmosphere helps. I think that's why the japanese do business deals over golf. They bond while whacking balls.

(oops)

Tags:
4 Comments:
Blogger Nikhil Pahwa said...

Thanks for the suggestion, boyo. Rum it is tonight. I think I need a nice long drink, and some 3eb.

I can't drink rum with coffee cause I don't drink coffee. Rum doesn't go well with tea (I tried).

The bonding is always an initial thing, but it opens the door to discussions, later. A strange feeling of trust or something less develops, and they can talk because they've done something that's considered immoral, together? I dunno, but work gets done faster, and people become more helpful, after you've bonded over drinks.

June 23, 2005 1:08 am  
Blogger Straight Curves said...

You've been coming to Flames?? as in, Flames - GK2??

Kindly give me a call whenever next you plan to come down there!

>:P

June 23, 2005 11:43 pm  
Blogger Nikhil Pahwa said...

Kitten, I'm at Moolchand six days a week. Sometimes even seven. May be going to Flames tomorrow. Will let ya know.

June 24, 2005 11:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! but may be we share cup of tea some day

June 24, 2005 10:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home