Tagged again: Songs this time

The mail said "You're it". I hope the jabberwock wasn't talking about It, cause I'm certainly not as hairy,or as short.

Unlike the book tag, I'm quite pleased about making this list. While I have gone through spells without music, they have been few. Unlike the Jabberwock, I work best while listening to music. In fact, there are times when I choose a particular album and listen to it over and over again. I used to select "Albums for exams", and these varied. Previous selections in this category: Nevermind by Nirvana, Presidents of the United States , Human Clay by Creed, International Superhits by Green Day, Americana by The Offspring, Third Eye Blind, Version 2.0 and Garbage by Garbage..okay. So there've been lots of albums. I've also found that some songs help me work: Eye of the Tiger by Survivor, The Minute Waltz by Chopin and Hafner by Mozart. Of course, a shot of rum helps. :D

All right, all right- back to the tag. Here goes:

Total volumes of music files on my computer
Anywhere between 20 to 100 MB. Yep, I'm on a 2.1 GB HDD and space is at a premium. I've around 10GB on CD's. I'm getting a new PC soon, and I expect music from everyone. Yes, I'm talking to you. Yes, you. Okay, next question.

The last CD/cassette I bought was

Usually, I'd respond to this question with at Hahahaha. But, I did buy a CD recently, and you're going to be subjected to details. I'd gone to May Be Rock at Hamsadwani two weeks ago. Motherjane had performed, and I absolutely loved their original songs, but there was no CD available.

The next day, Sunday, at a concert at Turquoise Cottage, I happened to meet Suraj, the vocalist of Motherjane. Fortunately he was carrying a CD with him, which I happily bought. Insane Biography is an excellent compilation. You can download 'Mindstreet' from their website, here.

Songs playing right now
None. I'm the college lab killing time until a meeting which is to begin at 5:30pm. The home connection was down for 4 days (Sify sucks), and I have hardly had any time off between 9am and 9pm. I've been listening to Nativity in Black, System of a Down, Marilyn Manson, Lynyrd Skynyrd, REM and Live. And then there's this song called Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots by Flaming Lips that I cant get out of my head. So, the song playing in my head is Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots by Flaming Lips.

Five songs that mean a lot to me

Just 5? I refuse to restrict myself to just 5. I will, however, list only those songs that mean a lot to me.

Motorcycle Driveby - by Third Eye Blind
This song will be, forever, on every list that I make. It's a relatively unknown song, but it largely defines a state that I can identify with. It's narrative and I know it by heart. I sing it often, in my head.

Dream On by Depeche Mode
The lyrics. The lyrics. The lyrics.

Symphony #35 (Hafner) by Wolfgang Mozart
Okay, not a song, but I love this.

The Minute Waltz by Chopin
Suggested by AJ who was working with me for Motif. Helped me get over a writers block. I wrote this.

Eye of the tiger by Survivor
Helps me work...especially when I'm exhausted.

Coming back to life by Pink Floyd
Need I explain?

Good Riddance (Time of your life) by Green Day
I guess you'd see similarities between the songs that I've chosen so far.

No Rain by Blind Melon.
All I can say is that my life is pretty plain. I like watching the puddles gather rain.

Novocaine for the soul by The Eels
Before I sputter out

Sonnet by The Verve

Counting Blue Cars by Dishwalla
Tell me all your thoughts on God, cause I'd really like to meet him. And ask him why we're who we are. I also like Charlie Brown's parents and Candleburn

Lightening Crashes and The Dolphins Cry by Live

Oh well. This could go on forever. Next question, ahoy!

Five albums that mean a lot to me
Awake by Live
OK Computer - Radiohead
Under the table and dreaming - The Dave Mathews Band
International Superhits - Green Day
Version 2.0 - Garbage
etc.

I dislike listening to-
Boy Bands
Punjabi music
Jazz (of late) . Suffocating.

Little known bands that I'd like to recommend
Colourblind (An indian rock band)
Dishwalla
Red painted house
(more later)

Tag
I'd like to end this now, by not tagging anyone. But I'll leave that to the one with the Twisted View. Oh wait. There's also the harried one.

Done! Yaay!

Tags:

2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello

June 11, 2005 5:00 am  
Blogger Ankit said...

Did the thing ;)

June 14, 2005 7:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home