MoMoDelhi

If you're a mobile or tech enthusiast, head over to the Adobe office in Noida next Saturday (5th of August) for Mobile Monday Delhi. The theme of the event is Mobile 2.0: Future Trends and Technology.



Among the talks planned (anyone can present, and anyone can attend), is one by Joshua D'Souza and Ashok Datar on Koolpool, the world's first ever SMS enabled car-pool service. You might remember my post on Pink Ladies, where the mobile is used for informing the client that her ride has arrived, thus ensuring that she doesn't have to wait for her cab on the street. That's two businesses which use mobiles for travel related services, though while one uses mobiles for ensuring security, the other acts as a facilitator:




The above diagram is applicable to any market or trading exchange, whether online or offline.

Also, Sunandini and Ekta shall be speaking on 'Usability on small screens', which is an area of interest for me. (Related: Arun had recently debunked user-perceptions of browsing using mobile phones)

One of the topics that isn't being focused on specifically, but I suppose will be covered, is Branding Mobile Communications. If not covered, then I shall probably step in. I have a few ideas, most of which have already been discussed while consulting on business ideas with a j2me firm last year. I'll probably think up a few more possibilities once I get down to brainstorming, but those attending seem to be involved in the businesses, and I expect them to be a couple of steps ahead of me.

It should be fun, or so I hope. Never attended a techie get-together before. At least five people I know shall be attending, though I do get along quite well even among strangers.

Date: 5th August, 2006
Venue: Adobe Systems India Private Limited, Adobe Towers, I-1A, City Centre, Sector 25A, Noida - 201301. (Tel # 91-120-2444711)

Schedule:
Switch On! - 9.30 am
Morning Tea Break - 11.30 am (15 min)
Lunch - 1.30 pm (45 min)
Afternoon Tea Break - 4.00 pm (15 min)
Open Panel Session - 4:30pm to 6:00pm
Switch Off! - 6.30 pm

List of talks:
* A talk by Amit Ranjan (www.uzanto.com)
* Mobile 2.0 - What is it? Sunil Goyal
* Problems With Mobile Web -Prashant Singh
* Convergence Revolution and mLearning - Saurabh Jain
* Media centric Mobile Community - Lomesh Dutta
* A talk by Jitender Singh (www.adobe.com)
* A talk by Girish (www.neomagic.com)
* A talk by Aman (www.infosys.com)

Entry: Free. Bring a Laptop/Memory Stick/thumb drive for transfering presentations, demo code, etc. If you have T-Shirts, Corporate pens, Trial softwares, free accounts (for the cool service you just launched) etc that you want to share, this is probably a good place.

Wiki (for more details): MoMoDelhi


Tags:
| | |
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home